It's impossible not to love Barcelona, the city has it all: the beach, culture, good weather, amazing food, beautiful people, Gaudi's unique architectural wonders and so on. I went in June with Mr. FFID and we were lucky enough to have our friend Xevier who showed us his city.
Of course it turned into a little foodie trip and I came back with more pictures of food than anything else, I put them into a little video that should make you drool!
|Gaudi's Gingerbread house|
Some of my favourite food/drinks spots shown in the video below are :
- Euskal Etxea: fantastic pintxos, I wrote an entry about it
- El Xampanyet: Try their simple tapas and wine in the heart of the Gothic Quarter
- La Boqueria: a colourful market in the heart of the city close to the Ramblas (must see!)
- Timeline bar : a bar full of character that looks like an antique shop
- Lolita Bakery : a lovely cupcake place next to Gaudi's wonderful Pedrera
Dont leave Barcelona without having tried:
- Churros con chocolate (delicious sweet doughnuts dipped in rich hot chocolate)
- Patatas bravas
- Estrella beer
- Standing while eating tapas
- Crema Catalana
- Pan amb Tomaquet (bread with tomato)
- Bars in the Gracia district
We stayed at the Silken Diagonal Barcelona, a 4 star hotel with a modern design and a rooftop swimming pool. It's located just across from a shopping mall with plenty of shops and a big supermarket (handy for buying local stuff).
|Our very cool hotel Silken Diagonal|
|Rooftop swimming pool|