Wednesday, 6 February 2013
Valentine's Day Gifts for Foodies
February is here and love is already in the air in the shops. If you don’t like Valentine’s day look away now! A day celebrating love can only be a good day, its also an excuse to get/buy some lovely presents. I have seen some pretty good foodie gifts out there, so here is my pick for making that special food lover in your life happy. Spread some love lovely readers.
1. For French macaron lovers A beautiful Ladurée Valentines gift box filled with 14 macarons of your choice is available at Ladurée Dublin.
€35, Ladurée, Brown Thomas, 88 Grafton Street, Dublin 2
2. For chocolate and flower lovers Why not combining both? A bunch of chocolate flowers is an original gift that will surprise your loved one.
Fallon and Byrne, 11-17 Exchequer Street, Dublin 2
3. For French Food lovers My Little Paris Kitchen is a cookbook filled with French recipes . UK born Rachel Khoo lives in Paris and cooks in her tiny appartment kitchen. She's the author of this lovely book where you'll find all the Gallic classics, with Rachel’s unique twist.
€28.60, Easons, 40 O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
4. For Dublin lovers The Cake Café has a range of products with Dublin/Ireland designs. What about an apron or a tea towel with Dublin landmarks?
Various prices, The Cake Café, TheDaintree Building, Pleasants Place, Dublin 2
5. For vintage lovers The Vintage Tea Party Book is a beautiful gift for any ladies who like everything vintage. It’s packed with lovely recipes and gorgeous pictures as well as lots of vintage style tips.
€25, Avoca, 13 Suffolk street, Dublin 2
6. For moustache lovers Moustache sandwich cutter, straws, drinking glasses, they have it all at Urban Outfitters.
Urban Outfitters, Cecilia House, 4 Cecilia street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2 or Dundrum Shopping Centre
7. For Middle Eastern food lovers If you didn't get Jerusalem for Christmas maybe you should give some hints to get in on Valentine’s day. Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi deliver beautiful recipes inspired by their home city: Jerusalem.
On sale at the moment on Amazon
8. For booze lovers These funny flasks are a bit more sophisticated because they're written in French for him or her. It's a funny gift for anyone who likes to drink on the go.
Clerys, Ground Floor, 18 O'Connell Street Upper, Dublin 1
9. For Irish food lovers Irish chef Neven Maguire spreads his love for Irish food with recipes from his restaurant in The MacNean Restaurant Cookbook. Pictures and recipes are mouth-watering and you'll definitely want to visit the restaurant after reading it.
€24.99, Easons, 40 O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
You could also:
- Serve her/him breakfast in bed
- Bring her/him on a picnic for her/his lunch break
- Make cute cupcakes or cake pops
- Create a hamper full of her/his favourite food products
- Prepare a romantic candlelit dinner
For events, offers and recipes:
- Good Food Ireland's website Valentine's day 14th February 2013
- RTE Food's website Valentines ideas for food lovers
How about you? What would you like to get? Now it's time to send some subtle (or not so much) hints, don't you think?
Sources: Ladurée Facebook page (1), Easons (3,9), Cake café's website (4), Avoca' website (5), Amazon (7), other pics by French Foodie in Dublin
© French Foodie in Dublin - Food Blog | Dublin Food Tours